Capitalism and measurement
Content for week of Monday, June 7, 2021–Friday, June 11, 2021
- Chapters 1 and 9 in Naked Economics1
- Introduction and 1.1–1.10 in Economy, Society, and Public Policy2
- “Dismal ignorance of the “dismal science”—a response to Larry Elliot"
- Planet Money, “The Invention Of ‘The Economy,’” episode 522
- On the Media, “Money, Then and Now,” July 5, 2019
Other useful resources
- Primer, “Simulating Supply and Demand”
Videos for each section of the lecture are available at this YouTube playlist.
- Technology, growth, and capitalism
- Institutions and coordination
- Why do we make you take this class?
- Class details
- Importance of institutions
- Downsides of capitalism
- Measuring stuff correctly
You can also watch the playlist (and skip around to different sections) here: